Purchasing and Procurement Manager
Under the direction of the U.S. Supply Chain Director and following global company-wide policies, carry out purchasing and procurement activities for the company’s U.S. glass bottle manufacturing operations in order to control costs, optimize stock, and ensure timely delivery and improved quality of goods and services, including: preparing product acquisition specifications and purchase orders; running SAP metrics and reports; analyzing data and proposals; researching and evaluating suppliers; negotiating and administering contracts; and supervising procurement specialists (clerks). Travel one day each week to sister plant in Sparta, Georgia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a closely related field.
- 12 months of experience:
- working in the glass manufacturing industry;
- working with procurement and purchasing in a global organization;
- working with multifunctional teams in a global organization;
- working with a Business warehouse SAP system, module MM, issuing PO’s, running key metrics and reports, developing analyses, and deploying action plans;
- working with EXCEL, pivot table using graphs and presentation techniques, WORD, and POWER POINT;
- conducting analyses, including utilizing key metrics of procurement/purchasing activities, including PPV, cash flow, and stock coverage, and determining impacts on company’s P&L;
- synthesizing information from multiple sources, including SAP, market info, Supplier info, and internal requestors;
- working with various glass manufacturing material types, such as energy sourcing, glass raw materials, inks, and lacquers;
- planning, prioritizing, and multi-tasking when working with deadlines;
- working with multiple operational organizations;
- improving processes and leading cross functional projects;
- analyzing business processes and developing systems-based solutions to improve performance;
- implementing policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation; and
- working with Quality Management Systems, including ISO implementation.
- Willingness to travel one day each week to sister plant in Sparta, Georgia.