Purchasing & Procurement Manager
As the world leader in glass bottle manufacturing for the Perfumery and Cosmetics Industry, we have been supplying the biggest brands with glass for over 120 years due to our extensive know-how and expertise. At the cutting edge of technology, we offer worldwide industry coverage thanks to our numerous plants and sales offices established on two continents. Passionate for our business, we are continually pushing the limits of our know-how to provide high-quality, innovative and eco-friendly product solutions for a host of international brands. Our core business is glass bottle manufacturing for the Perfumery and Cosmetics Industry. We develop bottles with specific shapes that meet the demanding requirements of the world's largest beauty brands.
Required qualities :
- A minimum of (5) years’ experience in Procurement/Purchasing International standards and processes in the manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical background to include PPV, Cash flow and stock coverage
- ISO Quality Management background
- Experience with creating policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
Required skills :
- A Master’s Degree in International Purchasing/Procurement or Bachelor’s degree plus equivalent experience.
- A preference for French language skills with working experience in a multinational organization.
- Glass Manufacturing experience
Reporting to the CEO/General Manager, with dotted line responsibility to the Group CPO, your mission consists of identifying and implementing strategies to supply production items that will further enhance Verescence’s ability to manage inventory, reduce over-stock and eliminate shortages and control costs for procurement. Regarding purchasing, the implementation of initiatives defined by Group CPO and Corporate lead buyers with the objectives to reduce total cost of ownership and improve quality of goods and services purchased.
To accomplish your role and as a VERESCENCE ambassador, you will:
- Develop, implement, manage and integrate a QMS for all NA manufacturing plants.
- Develop and manage a relation with Verescence Corporate Organization for both Procurement and Purchasing
- Manage the interface between the procurement strategy and the supplier panel with the objectives of a cost reduction and a stock level optimization while ensuring goods are delivered on time in full for production.
- Deploy CSR initiatives in alignment with the CSR policy from the group.
- Lead the strategic projects within the Supply Chain field supporting efforts to meet the Company Annual Budget as well as to improve working capital.
- Implement Procurement processes based on the Verescence International Standards: material / inventory / consumption management
- Define and implement Procurement Quality Management System Procedures/ ISO
- Good knowledge of company’ supplier market, follow its evolution, and identify strategic suppliers
- Coordinate the purchasing action plan with corporate lead buyers / Develop synergies with sister plants
- Other duties as assigned.